Australians who are celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.
Who is eligible for a congratulatory message?
- The Prime Minister will send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age or more.
- The Queen and Governor-General will send a message on a 100th birthday.
- On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General will write again every year and The Queen will write again every five years following the 100th Birthday.
- The Prime Minister and Governor-General send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries.
- The Queen will send messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and will write every five years after that on request.
|50th Wedding Anniversary||50th plus Wedding Anniversary||90th Birthday||90th plus Birthday|
|Governor-General||Yes||Yes||No||100th and every year thereafter|
|The Queen||No||60th and every fifth thereafter||No||100th and every fifth year thereafter|
How to Apply:
- You can arrange an anniversary message by calling my electorate office on 9416 8690.
- If you are applying for a message on behalf of a relative or friend who lives in another electorate, their local federal member will be notified so they can send a message too.
- You will need to provide supporting documentation like birth certificates or marriage certificates. If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office.
- Where appropriate, your request to the Prime Minister will be passed on to the Governor-General and The Queen so you only have to make one application.
- To arrange a message from the State Premier you should contact the office of your local state parliamentarian.
- You can make arrangements for anniversary messages up to two months before the celebration.
- You can request a belated message up to one month after the birthday or wedding anniversary has passed.
- Anniversary messages can be delivered directly to the recipient or to a care-of address for surprises.
For more information about Congratulatory Messages please contact my office on 9416 8690 or visit the It’s an Honour website.